Mothers should be appreciated everyday and not in a grand gesture , gifts and pampering type of way.
In 6 more sleeps (WST) it will be Mothers day. An amazing amount of cards , last-minute gifts , flowers and household appliances that will never leave the cupboard will be purchased.
So what do most Mothers want?
From my personal experiences and the many conversations I have had with other women, there seems to be three common wishes.
1. To feel appreciated . (Ask her how she is today, give her a hug – Simple acts of kindness)
2. Some time to herself (It is amazing how refreshing a few hours of our own can revitalise us Mums and help us
3. Simple gestures (pick flowers from the garden , Make her a cup of her favourite hot beverage, cook dinner – give
her a night off)
Mothers Day Competition Winner
Before I share some links to great last-minute gift ideas for varying budgets I would like to announce the winner of the recent Mothers day competition . Congratulations to Tash : Gift Grapevine who has won the beautiful necklace pictured below, thanks to Park lane by Samantha Heinrich.
Also a big thank you to those who entered.
Last Minute Ideas
So to help you with your mad dash to grab a Mothers Day present , I am going to give you some good tips.
* You cannot go wrong with flowers (unless Mum is allergic )
* Do not buy Perfume , unless you are confident about what scent the person you are buying for likes.
* A printed poem or quote in a frame is a great thought as long as you make sure the quote or poem is relevant.
Deb at : Inner Compass Designs has some fantastic free ones on her
* Take a few minutes to think about what Mum would like , if you can’t think of anything then think outside the
box. A framed photo of a special moment or memory Mum treasures , a surprise outing to a beautiful location or a
picnic lunch with all the family and a beautiful box with handwritten notes to Mum are just a few I
can think of.
I would love you to share more thoughtful gift ideas.
Some sites with great last minute gift ideas