Do your kids like to help you out in the kitchen? Are you looking for a fun inside activity to keep them entertained and put a pause on the ‘I’m hungry’ comment?
Kids can be very picky and particular about their food, finding something they’ll actually eat can be exhausting. here’s something easy, fun and tasty you can make together.
2 1/2 cups Self-raising flour
1 cup caster Sugar
3/4 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
200g unsalted butter
all sorted different Food colouring
Hundreds & Thousands
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced oven.
2 Mix together flour, sugar, milk, butter, eggs and vanilla essence until well-combined
(make sure mixture is runny)
3. Separate mixture into different bowls (one for each colour)
4. Add a different colour to each bowl and mix through so that the colour is vivid
5. Layer mixture into patty pans, putting the darkest colour at the bottom and lightest at
6. bake until cooked all the way through approx 10 – 15 minutes (poke a skewer through and
it should come out clean)
7. Combine cream cheese and icing sugar to make the icing; once the cupcakes are cooled,
top with icing and hundreds & thousands enjoy!